Monday 4 February 2013

Resurrection

I can't break
if I'm already broken

I can't sink
if I've already sunk

I can't die
if I'm already dead...



This really resonated with me.  I've felt this way so often.  Sometimes it gets to a point where I feel
like things could never get worse.  Sometimes, that means things are on the way up and the next day I'm back on the road to happy again but sometimes it's the red flag that says "hey, take notice, you're in trouble".

The red flag is a worrying thing. I get scared that I have the capacity to feel so low, to reach the depths I have sunk to, to do the things I have done.  Yet, when I reach a better place, I am unreasonably glad that I have lived through my experiences, because they are what has made me the person I am today.

That person is kind, sensitive and caring.  That person has skills to be proud of and valuable knowledge to share.  That person is someone her friends can count on and talk to.  That person is me.

These are the things I try to remind myself of when I sink down to the depths of unhappiness.  It doesn't always work but it's a reminder that though broken, you can be fixed, though sinking, you can swim, though you may feel like you're already dead, resurrection of spirit is possible!

Sourced from http://jenniferlaaron.xanga.com/756039750/beauty-from-pain-3/